The holidays are over, and you still have Conversation Piece. But there’s good news! Not only is that beer still delicious on its own, but it’s great for baking too! Roll up your sleeves and let’s get to it.
Conversation Piece: Festive Fruitcake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups beer (1 can)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (or nut of choice)
- ½ cup dried cherries, chopped (or dried fruit of choice)
- ½ cup dates, chopped (or dried fruit of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, ground cloves, allspice and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, blend slightly softened butter and brown sugar, then add eggs and beat well.
- Crack open your can of Conversation Piece!
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and beer to the bowl with the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold nuts, cherries, dates (or any alternatives chosen) into batter.
- Pour batter into a well-greased bundt pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, checking with toothpick or skewer to see when it comes out clean.
- Place cake in pan on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes, then carefully flip out of the pan.
- Optional: drizzle some maraschino cherries on top just before serving for extra moist cake!